LADDER Personal Styling
Why are some people so effortlessly stylish?
What do they know that you don’t?
Let’s be honest with ourselves.
It’s not just money or innate ability - in fact, we grew up in middle-class, meat-and-potatoes Midwestern homes that seriously lacked in fashion, not on the chic streets of a major city.
It’s not time. We all have the same 24 hours in a day.
And it’s not just life experiences or luck. We like to think that highly fashionable people spent their formative years sitting front row at fashion week or grew up with parents that handed down amazing vintage designer clothing.
So if it’s none of that, what makes someone 5, 10, even 20x more stylish than the ordinary person?
We knew it wasn’t just about surrounding ourselves with inspiring people who dressed well. We both lived in New York City for over a decade and whenever we tried to venture out on some style or trend that worked for someone else, we almost immediately started second guessing ourselves (“maybe we're just not someone who can pull off those looks”).
Yet when we looked at our stylish friends - and later, at customers when April started working at one of the trendiest boutiques in Brooklyn - it seemed they could wear anything, come off as totally confident and never even think about if what they were pulling off the rack would work for them. They somehow instinctively knew how to style and wear it.
How did they do it?
The truth is, looking great in your clothes isn’t about reading fashion blogs, studying magazines and spending hours online shopping for something that you think might work.
What we learned by talking to stylists and working with some of the most influential designers of our time was that we were as stylish as the people we were analyzing - just in our own unique ways. What we had to learn was how to really lock into what worked for us, our bodies and our personalities. After that, it became easy to get dressed.
The reality is that to look great you need very little. You don’t need an overflowing closet with endless options, an unlimited budget to blow on clothes, or even an abundance of time to shop.
So, if it’s not all of that, then how can you learn to dress yourself in a way that makes you feel confident, sexy and pulled together, no matter what?
Spoiler alert: we can help.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll learn in this 3-session closet overhaul:
- What separates stylish people from merely average dressers
- Your personal style - are you more traditionalist or avant garde? Do you prefer neutral tones or colors? Patterns or solids? We’ll dig into all of this and so much more.
- What works for you and your unique body type - not all cuts and styles are made for all bodies, but every body has a cut and style that works for it.
- Which types of clothes fit into your lifestyle - for example, maybe you don’t have time to drop off dry-cleaning...and that’s okay!
- Which items in your closet need to go and which ones can stay
- How to introduce new clothes into your existing wardrobe
- Our step-by-step process for getting dressed quickly, without headaches and second-guessing
- How to optimize your time when you’re shopping
- How to make shopping stress-free and fun
- How to open yourself up to abundance, confidence and lasting change
As a perk of being in the program, you'll also receive:
- 15% off all LADDER purchases during the program and for 2 months after
- A COMPLIMENTARY 30-minute closet consult with Neat Method Cleveland, a luxury home organizing service (a $65 value)
LADDER Personal Styling is NOT for you if…
- You’re looking for a magic bullet to improve your style.
- You’re not ready to get real about what’s working in your closet and what’s not.
- You can’t commit to stepping outside of your comfort zone.
LADDER Personal Styling IS for you if…
- You’re open to admitting that the way you’ve dressed in the past may need to change if you want to achieve higher levels of style success and happiness.
- You want to stop blindly following the latest trends, wondering if they work for you.
- You feel like you’ve gotten as far as you can on your own and you’re ready for the extra support to take you the rest of the way.
- You’re willing to invest time and resources upfront to make getting dressed easier in the future.
- You’re focused on the long-term - you understand there will always be ups-and-downs but that you can make huge strides by learning these steps.